This testcase checks whether kpartx will crash when called with invalid options. It is reported in fixed bug that when kpartx was passes something other than a file or a block device or a badly formed pathname, it could read off the end of the device string, and crash.
How to test
1. Ensure the device-mapper-multipath package is installed
Execute: dnf -y install device-mapper device-mapper-multipath Execute: rpm -qa|grep multipath
2. Execute the following command to generate the configuration file:
Execute: mpathconf --enable
3. Restart multipathd service
Execute: service multipathd restart
4. kpartx called with invalid options /
Execute: kpartx -l /
5. sleep 1 second
Execute: sleep 1
6. check dmesg if there is segmentation fault
Execute:dmesg | grep segfault
- no Segmentation fault, kpartx no longer crashes when called with invalid options.