A complete installation using advanced custom partitioning (blivet-gui) and the ext4 file system for the root partition.
- Prepare a test system with a working, supported storage device of sufficient size for a Fedora install, and a Fedora installation medium.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means.
- Proceed to the installer's main screen, making sensible choices, and enter the Installation Destination screen.
- Ensure only the single target device you prepared is selected as the installation target disk.
- Ensure the Advanced Custom (Blivet-GUI) option is selected under Storage Configuration, and complete this screen.
- On the BLIVET GUI PARTITIONING screen, delete all existing partitions (if any).
- Create any necessary bootloader partitions (e.g. EFI System Partition for UEFI installs, BIOS Boot partition for BIOS installs onto a GPT disk, PReP boot partition for PowerPC installs).
- Create a
/bootpartition, set the filesystem type to ext4 or xfs, and size to 1 GiB.
- Create a root partition and set the filesystem type to ext4.
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options.
- Boot the installed system.
- The expected partition layout should be created on the target device(s).
- The install process should complete successfully and the installed system should boot as expected.