This test case tests if the thermostat command channel works (locally).
- Boot into the machine/VM you wish to test.
- If thermostat is not installed yet, install thermostat.
- Start the thermostat service:
thermostat service &
How to test
- Figure out an host ID of a live agent:
thermostat list-vms | grep RUNNING
- Pick a suitable ID which has STATUS == RUNNING, lets say such an ID is: 0f00d89d-0441-4569-83c7-f08e2182c939
- Set log level to FINEST and set up a file logger as described in the logging test case
- Ping the host ID:
thermostat ping 0f00d89d-0441-4569-83c7-f08e2182c939.
- Step 4 should come back with:
Queuing ping request. Destination: /127.0.0.1:12000 Response received from: /127.0.0.1:12000
- Note that all of this should work in a remote setup as well. Many bonus points for testers who try this out! Create a virtual network consisting of two or more hosts sharing one storage. Agent running on one host and calling thermostat ping from different host.