QA:Testcase thermostat web basic
This test case tests whether thermostat agent/gui can be used with web storage (no https setup required).
- Boot into the machine/VM you wish to test.
- If thermostat-webapp is not yet installed, install it.
How to test
- Start thermostat storage:
thermostat storage --start
- Deploy the Thermostat web storage webapp via the tomcat service:
sudo systemctl start tomcat@thermostat.
- Make sure that tomcat is running. You can visit http://127.0.0.1:8080 which should show the tomcat start page.
- Configure a thermostat user and associated roles. In this case we add a user called "agent-tester" with password "tester" and give it roles required for an agent user:
- Open /etc/thermostat/thermostat-users.properties and add the lines: "agent-tester = tester" and "client-tester = tester"
- Open /etc/thermostat/thermostat-roles.properties and uncomment the lines which define the "thermostat-agent" recursive role. Do the same for the "thermostat-client" recursive role. Then add a line: "agent-tester=thermostat-agent" and "client-tester=thermostat-client".
- Set connection settings for the thermostat agent. Create a file ~/.thermostat/etc/agent.auth with the following contents:
- Start the thermostat agent, connecting to webstorage:
thermostat agent -d http://127.0.0.1:8080/thermostat/storage
- Start thermostat swing client:
- Change client preferences in order to connect to web storage. Edit => Client Preferences. Enter
http://127.0.0.1:8080/thermostat/storageas "Storage Url", use
client-testeras "User Name" and
testeras "Password". Check "Save Entitlements".
- Click OK and close the swing client.
- Start the swing client again in order for new preferences to take effect:
- Agent and client should be able to connect fine to http:// URLs. No WARNING messages should appear in the logs and no exceptions should be thrown. You can check that at least one agent is listed via: "View" => "View all agents...".
- Tomcat has created a log file with thermostat web service log messages in it at /usr/share/tomcat/logs/thermostat-web-storage.YYYY-MM-DD.log, Where YYYY is the current year, MM the current month and DD the current day. This file and file catalina.out in /usr/share/tomcat/logs may give you clues as to what is wrong if things go wrong.