QA:Testcase upgrade fedup cli previous desktop encrypted
This test case tests upgrading from the current release (Fedora 20) to the branched release (Fedora 21) using the Fedup CLI with the default desktop package set and encryption.
How to test
- Perform an installation of the stable release (e.g. Fedora 20) with default partitioning (no less than 500MB for
/boot), selecting the default package set, or using the default live image, and enabling storage encryption during installation.
- Do a full system update and reboot
- Install the latest version of
from the stable or updates repository
- Find the repository URL for the TC or RC you are testing. This should be of the form https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/<milestone>/Fedora/<arch>/os/
- <milestone> is the TC/RC you are testing - e.g. 20-RC1
- <arch> is the name of the arch running on the install to be upgraded (i386, x86_64 ...)
- Start the upgrade prep by executing following command
su -c 'fedup --network <version> --instrepo <URL>'
- <version> is the version of Fedora you are upgrading to (currently 21)
- <URL> is the location found in the previous step
- If you need to use a local mirror to test a brand new change, start the upgrade prep by executing the following command:
su -c 'fedup --network <version> --instrepo <URL> --disablerepo=fedora --repourl fedora-local=<URL-LOCAL>'
- <URL-LOCAL> is the location of a local fedora repo if needed for faster response speeds
/var/log/fedup.logfile to see if any errors show up in the output from
- Reboot the system if
feduphas completed without error
- Once the system reboots, there should be a new entry in the GRUB menu titled
- Select the
System Upgradeoption from the GRUB menu
- The system should boot into the upgrade process and a fedup progress screen should be displayed
- Pressing the <ESC> key should switch from the graphical progress screen to the text progress information display
- Once the upgrade process has completed, the system will reboot and an option to boot Fedora 21 will be on the grub menu
- Log in to upgraded system, open a terminal, file browser, or other system applications.
fedup-cliwill run to completion, without error
- The upgrade process should complete and reboot without user assistance beyond selecting
System Upgradefrom the GRUB menu
- The system should be upgraded to new version without error
- Accessing the encrypted storage volume(s) should work normally after the upgrade
- Typical desktop applications should display and work correctly
- Running through the desktop test cases would be good for verification