This will be a social event to meet other Fedora users and people curious about Fedora from Novi Sad and Serbia in general, and check out the cool features of the new Fedora 26 release. It will also serve as an opportunity for people to find out what Fedora and free software in general is all about and ask questions of people already involved in the community. It is also a opportunity for students of Department of Mathematics and Informatics of Faculty of Science in Novi Sad to learn about Fedora and open-source principles and how can they get involved with FOSS/Fedora.
8th July 2017.
Amphitheater A1 (Mihajlo Pupin)
Department of Mathematics and Informatics
Faculty of Sciences
University of Novi Sad
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3
21000 Novi Sad
Important note - application
- Installation media (CD/USB) should be available to those that would like to get Fedora or upgrade to Fedora 26.
- A couple of presentations
- Quiz with Fedora awards!
- Socializing with other Fedora enthusiasts over lunch and snacks.
- Q & A session
- Field trip to the new Fedora powered classroom - https://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-computer-lab-university/
dr Danijela Tešendić, associate professor at the Faculty of Sciences
Nataša Sukur, teaching assistant at the Faculty of Sciences
Doni Pracner, teaching assistant at the Faculty of Sciences
Ambassadors at the event
- 12:00-12:15 - Welcome to Fedora 26 Release Party in Novi Sad!
- 12:15-12:45 - What is Fedora and what's new in Fedora 26? - N. Milošević
- What is new in the latest and greatest Fedora release, what is currently happening in Fedora Project, and what to look out for in the future.
- 12:45-13:15 - Contributing to Fedora Project - M. Medić
- Introduction on how to start contributing to Fedora Project.
- 13:15-13:45 - Lunch Break
- 13:45-14:15 - Talking, Encryption, Privacy and who cares - D. Pracner
- Who can see what we talk about online, how could they see it, why should we care, and should we care at all?
- 14:15-14:30 - Fedora Servers in Production - M. Medić
- Short talk about using Fedora Servers in Production.
- 14:30-14:45 - RPM Packaging basics - N. Milošević
- How to package a simple application in a RPM package used by many different Linux Distributions, Fedora included.
- 14:45-15:00 - Fedora Quiz - N. Sukur
- 15:00 - Quiz results & awards, Fedora Live Media creation, Fedora Installations, Visit to the Fedora-powered Classroom