Fedora Events: Software Freedom Day Rochester, NY, USA
About Software Freedom Day
Software Freedom Day is celebrated every 3rd Thursday of September around the world.
Software Freedom Day 2014 Rochester
On September 20th and 21st, 2014, we will unite technologists, entrepreneurs, developers and other citizens in celebrating Software Freedom. Noon to 6pm will be chock-full of workshops, tutorials, installfests, and guest speakers. At 6pm, we'll be kicking off a 24-hour open hackathon and bug sprint. We anticipated FOSS organizations having a presence such as Red Hat/Fedora, LibreOffice, Ubuntu, Mozilla, and others! On campus groups such as RIT Student Government, the Rochester Python Meetup, InterlockROC, and others will be tabling. If your FOSS-friendly organization would like to set up a table, just be sure to register as an Exhibit/Sponsor/Demo Table and email Remy DeCausemaker ahead of time so we can be sure you have all the things you need.
- Room Setup: 10am-11am
- Tabler's Setup: 11-Noon
- Doors Open: at Noon
- Welcome: 12:30 or 1pm-ish
- Lightning talks: 12:30-2:00ish
- Tutorials/Installfests: 2ish-6pmish
- Dinner Pizza: 7pm
- Hackathon: 6pm Sat to 5pm Sunday
- Hackathon Demos/Awards: 5pm Sunday
Date & Location
- Noon Saturday, September, 20th - 6pm Sunday, September 21st
- RIT MAGIC Center. 159 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
- Booths for FOSS Organizations
- Lightning Talks
- Workshop: Intro to Firefox OS Tooling
- Workshop: Inkscape: More than just 2D Graphics
- Hackathon: 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday.
- Hackathon Demos: 5pm Sunday