We are working on form a group of people pushing and maintaining Deepin Desktop Environment in Fedora. Our mission is to define a high-quality Deepin DE experience to Fedora users and developers.
Sync with Arch Linux
Versions of packages are kept synchronized with Arch Linux , not with upstream directly.
We can catch up Arch Linux during the pre-released version of Fedora. For now, packages of F34 are synchronized with Arch Linux. We lack of human power to make stable updates for released Fedora branches.
We also follow the package naming of Arch Linux. Deepin packages are prefixed with 'deepin-'.
Packit is used to maintain specfiles within upstream git repos. Some upstream repos already merged the Packit-related change, for example deepin-dock. Other packages with non-upstreamed changes are kept within Robin Lee's personal github repos, for example deepin-kwin.
After that, there are still a few packages that are not changed to the Packit practice.
Specfile within upstream repo is also managed to build on openEuler. We want to form unified specfiles with the joint effort by upstream authors and RPM packagers from different communities of Linux distributions.
As of now, most of the packages are in Fedora. Please refer to the tracker bug for the packages.
For multi-media packages, refer to the tracker in RPMFusion bugzilla.
List Ordered by Build Sequence
- deepin-gir-generator (not updated, not changed to packit)
- dtkwm (not updated, not changed to packit)
- deepin-desktop-base (not changed to packit)
- deepin-desktop-schemas (one commit with no PR)
- deepin-qt-dbus-factory (one more local commit)
- deepin-menu (upstream halted)
- deepin-network-utils (one commit with no PR)
- startdde(PR not created since master version 5.8.4 is not tested built on Fedora)
- deepin-daemon(one PR waiting, some more local commits)
- deepin-launcher(one PR waiting, more local commit)
- deepin-session-ui(packit PR not merged master, upstream master branch is not active)
- gio-qt(upstream not updated recently, not changed to packit)
- udisks2-qt5(packit PR not merged)
- deepin-file-manager(waiting other PRs, upstream master branch is not active)
- deepin-editor(upstream master branch is not active)
- deepim-image-viewer(packit PR not created for master, upstream master branch is not active)
- deepin-topbar (not changed to packit)
- deepin-system-monitor(waiting other PR, packit PR not created for master, upstream master branch is not active)
- deepin-account-faces (not updated)
- deepin-gettext-tools (not updated)
- deepin-gtk-theme(not updated)
- deepin-sound-theme(not changed to packit)
- deepin-shortcut-viewer(not changed to packit)
- deepin-screensaver(not changed to packit)
- deepin-kwin(waiting other PRs)
- deepin-qt5platform-plugins(Requires dde-wayland-client if wayland enabled, wait arch build before packit PR, our version newer than the arch one)
- deepin-screenshot (retired upstream, not updated, deepin-screen-recorder requires ffmpeg, not changed to packit)
- deepin-terminal(packit PR not merged)
- deepin-control-center (waiting typo PR， arch source not at a tag)
- deepin-session-shell (packit PR not created, build of master not tested)
- deepin-wallpapers(not packitize)
- Zamir SUN - main coordinator, packager
- Robin Lee - main packager
- Bowen Li - main packager
- Felix Yan - packager
- Gerard Braad - mentor
- Robert-André Mauchin - reviewer
- Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek - reviewer
- And others
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us with making Deepin Desktop Environment into Fedora here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora or need to be updated. Package it to improve the experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the DeepinDE-related reviews. Help us reviewing the package requests to make things happen quickly.
- Testers: If you want to try Deepin Desktop Environment use the development version or the updates-testing repository and report bugs, We need your feedback to improve it.
As of now, we don't have a dedicated way for communication yet. We will be requesting a mailing list shortly. The preferred way of getting in touch with us is by email. Of course you can reach many of us by IRC in various channels.