- 2007-09-25 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- Release Notes (freeze for that is on Oct 8 )
- Package list for LiveCD
- yelp->firefox->libbeagle is gone and we have some free space
- kdeutils-extras? (Rex noticed it included on f8t2 livecd)
- How to get more people involved in the KDE-SIG?
- Status of compiz-fusion (especially the configuration tools) to replace beryl on the live cd.
- KDM Theme for Infinity (Current GDM Mockup )
- kdepim-enterprise-branch : see  (#244930 )
- /etc/xdg/autostart fixed? (#243611 )
- The release notes should be edited directly in the matching sections
- It would be good two have release notes in two sections:
- Desktop: There aren't the workspace parts of KDE4
- Devel: We provide a "KDE4 Development Platform" for developers (KevinKofler will write these one)
Package list for livecd:
- the inclusion of kdebase-extras was a mistake
- ktorrent is now used as "detault" in comps.xml and so on the livecd
- with koffice-krita (and ktorrent) the current size is ~688 megs (i386)
- package wishes should be mentioned here: SIGs/KDE/LiveCD/Fedora-8-Test3-KDE-Live
- gtk-qt-engine (the discussion was open if it will be useful or only works with plastik)
- kmenu-gnome (the decision was not to include it)
- kasablanca (konqueror/krusader could also do ftp)
- basket (partly duplicated functionality with knotes)
- mentioned but not discussed packages: apollon, kdetoys, rss-glx-kde
Get more people involved in the KDE-SIG:
- The discussion hasn't found an end. Possible solutions:
- Divide them into "in KDE interested people" and "developers"
- mark them as "active/inactive" (that was no good discussion at the same topic at the amabassadors)
- we should think about the diplomatic problems that may occur and discuss that again
Status of compiz-fusion:
- At the moment compiz-fusion is not configurable inside kde due to missing "compiz-fusion-icon" (aka beryl-manager). So we should stick with beryl for now
- We should ping the maintainers what's their plan with compiz-fusion in KDE is (SebastianVahl will do that)
KDM Theme for Infinity:
- We weren't able to do any own work at the porting from the gdm theme to kdm
- RexDieter will ask the fedora-artwork to to the porting for us (we could take it up ourselves later if there is no progress)
- kmail in enterprise branch seems to work with imap filtering again.
- An update for kdepim will be pushed to rawhide and f7-updates-testing
- We were asked by DavidWoodhouse if we could do some bluetooth testing in KDE. RexDieter will try to find some people.
- ThanNgo has closed #244611 today but we haven't had the time to check it.
- SebastianVahl asked if a KDE 4 Development Spin would be worth to produce: With deskop packages or after Release of Fedora 8 as an inofficial spin