From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2008-04-01 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Waves desktop background
- New xine-lib PA plugin - bug #439731 , 
- State of konq-plugins (ReviewRequest )
- kdemultimedia3 pkg review bug #439701
Waves desktop background:
- Bug #439811 asks for also including the svgs in desktop-backgrounds to be able to use these instead of the pngs.
New xine-lib PA plugin:
- KDE currently uses the alsa output device through phonon to workaround the not-working PA plugin for xine.
- Since the native PulseAudio plugin for xine-lib is working again we'll test it when xine-lib is patched.
- Contingency plan: stay with the current ALSA solution.
- Test plan: Wait for xine-lib to include the PulseAudio plugin and test it with amarok or other xine apps.
kdemultimedia3 pkg review:
- A kdemultimedia3 compat package would contain libarts_* for arts support in KDE3 applications.
- Packages that still use arts: k3b, koffice-kpresenter, basket, taxipilot, kbilliards, allegro, gg2, kadu, xeuphoric, gnubg
- If possible, the packages should disable arts support (eg. if it's only used for playing hardcoded sounds).
- The package will be pulled from review for now.
state of konq-plugins:
- All plugins in konq-plugins should be tested for functionality.
- Not working plugins will be disabled.
- The akregator plugin will need kdepim to work properly but Sebastian Vahl wants to avoid a hard dependency on kdepim.
- Proper solutions would be:
- Create a sub package just for one plugin and let this package require kdepim.
- Omit akgreator from konq-addons.
- don't require kdepim at all (like kdeaddons does)
- add a short explanation to %description
- The decision was to use the latter.
- KDM theme circles:
- Default KDM theme does not really fit between RHGB and Ksplash/Desktop background.
- Because there likely will be no GDM theme to adopt, one solution could be to use a non-themed KDM with "waves" as background wallpaper.
(These comments are written after the meeting)