From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2008-04-29 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Latest changes before final release
- Last-minute release notes (deadline May 1st)
- KDE 4.0.4 for F9 0-day updates
- KDE 4.1 snapshots for F10
Latest changes before final release:
- KDE should be fine for release.
- Only the KDM/Xorg logout issue is still being worked on (#443320 ).
Last-minute release notes (deadline May 1st):
- Last-minute release notes should be complete.
KDE 4.0.4 for F9 0-day updates:
- KDE 4.0.4 is going to be tagged tomorrow.
- So the earliest inclusion in F9 would be as an update on release day.
- But this will need external testing because there is no updates-testing repository until release.
- So KDE 4.0.4 will be build shortly before the release and be pushed to updates-testing on release day.
KDE 4.1 snapshots for F10:
- Alpha tarballs were release recently.
- LorenzoVillani did some initial work on which we could build upon.
- Dependencies on libplasma which got a API rewrite and will need updates/rebuilds: compiz-kde, kdenetwork, kdeutils, kdebase-workspace-*, extragear-plasma.
- With 4.1, kdesdk should obsolete kaider and kdeutils should obsolete okteta.
- When KDE 4.1 is released it will be also released as an update to Fedora 9 (but without kdepim-4.1).
- Before KDE 4.1 hits Rawhide it will be announced to fedora-devel-announce.
- In some cases kdebase (from KDE 4) isn't installed during an update from F8 (kdebase-workspace obsoletes kdebase-3.5.x).
- To handle these situations kdebase-workspace will require kdebase4.
(These comments are written after the meeting)