From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2008-09-16 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- any interest in picking up Features/OpenChange (for F11, it won't make F10)?
- Release notes for KDE (needed for Beta? Final?)
- Status of KDE 4.1.1 in F9/updates-testing (FEDORA-2008-7789)
- recent bugs to discuss:
any interest in picking up Features/OpenChange (for F11, it won't make F10)?
- KevinKofler asked if we should maitain or co-maintain OpenChange for kdepim-4.2 in F11.
Release notes for KDE (needed for Beta? Final?)
- JaroslavReznik volunteered for setting up some Release Notes for Fedora 10 Beta.
- The section of obsoletes in KDE 4.1 should be double-checked.
Status of KDE 4.1.1 in F9/updates-testing (FEDORA-2008-7789)
- The only known blocker of KDE 4.1.1 is 461725: Konqueror does not finish its procces on exit (KDE 4.1.1)
- A possible fix for that is reverting the patch.
- After this bug is fixed KDE 4.1.1 will be pushed to stable.
- With ksirk obsoleted by KDE 4.1 kdeaddons-atlantikdesigner is the last package that uses kdegames-devel.
- KevinKofler will try to built kdegames without the libkdegames.so devel symlink and so also drop the parallel-devel hacks.
- Desktop User Guide:
- JaroslavReznik reported from FUDCon that many folks asked for a guide to KDE 4. So we'll really need some volunteers to update the Fedora Desktop Guide.
- Making echo-icon-theme the default icon theme in KDE will need some work.
- There are lots of kde-specific icons missing, but Echo will fall back to it's own generic fallbacks before it uses Oxygen.
- Also a mixture of Echo and Oxygen icons doesn't have a consistend look.
(These comments are written after the meeting)