- 2008-10-28 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Live images oversized due to recent inclusion of m17n-* and scim-* (1)
- TTY mods to kdmrc (switch X to tty1 per faster startup)
Live images oversized due to recent inclusion of m17n-* and scim-*:
- The current inclusion of input-methods group in fedora-live-base.ks breaks the size of the KDE live images.
- The english-only KDE live images don't have much need for these packages.
- As a short term solution scim-python-pinyin will be replaced by the smaller scim-pinyin on the live images.
- We should also talk to the Fedora I18N Group about size constraints.
- Another big but mostly unneeded package is solar-backgrounds (KDE does not support the different times of day).
- We'll suggest splitting solar-backgrounds into a *-common subpackage with shared artwork which will be required by solar-kde then.
- Also the solar-backgrounds dependency should be moved from libgnome to a package higher up in the GNOME stack (which isn't included on the KDE spin).
TTY mods to kdmrc (switch X to tty1 per faster startup):
- RexDieter has tested some modifications of kdmrc to use tty1 for KDM (like GDM is doing).
- This change will be included in the next release of kde-settings.
(These comments are written after the meeting)