From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2008-11-04 16:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Systray backport http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=876362
- Desktop User Guide
- additional packages for live images (~20 megs free)
- recent bugs:
- #468889- libldap-2.4.so.2: undefined symbol: ldap_int_tls_destroy
- This is a backport of KDE 4.2's systray which replaces the systray plasmoid entirely.
- The main reason for including this would be the high visibility of ugly backgrounds of the KDE4 systray applets.
- As this backport was proposed by JaroslavReznik who wasn't present at meeting time the decision was postponed.
Desktop User Guide
- (This topic wasn't discussed)
additional packages for live images (~20 megs free)
- Since the input-methods group was removed from fedora-live-base.ks there is plenty of free space.
- These packages were added after the Preview release was composed: digikam, kdeedu-kstars, konq-plugins, pavucontrol, twinkle.
- One proposal was lancelot which will be included in the next push of the kickstart.
- There were no other packages proposed, so the remaining free space (about 20 megs minus lancelot) could be used for localized spins.
#468889 - libldap-2.4.so.2: undefined symbol: ldap_int_tls_destroy
- "kcmshell4 kdm" crashes with an undefined symbol error after hitting cancel.
- As a workaround for this kcm_kdm will be linked against ldap.
- This change will be tagged as f10-final as soon as possible.
- Plans for KDE 4.1.3:
- KDE 4.1.3 is scheduled to be released on Nov 05 2008.
- As it's too risky to include it in F10-release, it will be released as an update for F10.
- KDE 4.1.3 will also be released as an update for F9.
- battery applet:
- Because of guidance the battery applet will be removed from the default setting.
(These comments are written after the meeting)