From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2009-09-15 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Live images dependencies: breaking libcanberra-gtk2 dependency (see also http://fpaste.org/Mq7P/)
- post-4.3.1 fixes
- future of Phonon
Live images dependencies: breaking libcanberra-gtk2 dependency:
- libcanberra-gtk2 has an explicit require on gdm due to directory ownership.
- This drags in many gnome related packages on the KDE live images (gdm, evolution-data-server, gnome-session, xulrunner etc.).
- A bug for this issue is already filed: #522998 - remove libcanberra-gtk2 dependency on gdm.
- Some bugfixes for KDE 4.3.1 will be pushed separately:
- kdepim: Crash when autocompleting LDAP (kde#206024)
- kdenetwork: kopete/bonjour patch (from the mailing list)
- kdenetwork: krfb produces garbled display (#523131)
future of Phonon:
- Deferred to next week, after getting upstream feedback and with the key KDE-SIG people present.
- F12-snapshot2 is missing constantine-kde-theme (reason unknown, it is present on SebastianVahl's current local spins).
- KevinKofler needs a reviewer for kio_gopher (#523355). JaroslavReznik has volunteered.
- python-mwclient needs to be packaged ASAP (#520954). StevenParrish has volunteered to take a look at it.