From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2009-09-29 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- Mary Ellen Foster
- topics to discuss:
- kde-sig steering committee
- k3b/koffice reverts, recommended by upstreams
- future of Phonon
- upstream (sandsmark) recommends building/packaging phonon from qt, and building/packaging backends separately
- mandriva developments integrating pulseaudio support (and improving gstreamer backend)
kde-sig steering committee
- The KDE SIG Steering Committee will be formed by (in alphabetical order): jreznik, Kevin_Kofler, ltinkl, rdieter, SMParrish, svahl, than.
- 4 votes will be required to pass decisions where a vote is called for.
- rdieter will summarize the exact rules.
k3b/koffice reverts, recommended by upstreams
- F12 will revert to (kde3) k3b-1.0.x and koffice-1.6.x for F-12 (passed 4:2).
future of Phonon
- Upstream (sandsmark) recommends building/packaging phonon from qt, and building/packaging backends separately.
- Mandriva developments integrating pulseaudio support (and improving gstreamer backend). http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/phonon-backends/2009-September/000304.html
- We will move back to building a standalone phonon SRPM.
- The vote for the default backend is was 4:3, in favor of -xine