- 2009-10-20 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- virtuoso/soprano status
- Eigen2 (2.0.x vs. 2.1 snapshots, updating to current)
- NM applet (GNOME nm-applet vs. knetworkmanager)
- bug triage changes coming
- phonon/trunk , PA-integration work/testing
- recent bugs:
- RexDieter is working on new releases of virtuoso and libiodbc.
- Test builds should appear in kde-testing (from kde-redhat) soon.
Eigen2 (2.0.x vs. 2.1 snapshots, updating to current):
- F12 is shipping a 4 months old snapshot of 2.1 (the final isn't released yet).
- F10/F11 are also shipping out-of-date 2.0.3 as updates (current is 2.0.6).
- RexDieter will ask upstream for a recommendation.
- Current plan is to ship 2.0.6 for F10/F11/F12 and 2.0.90 for F13.
- This would mean to downgrade eigen2 in F12 and rebuild depending packages (kdeartwork, kdeedu, kdeplasma-addons, avogadro).
NM applet (GNOME nm-applet vs. knetworkmanager):
- Results from a vote from KDE-SIG Steering Committee:
- Switch to KNetworkManager for F12 (i.e. now): rejected
- Stay wit nm-applet in F12 and switch to KNetworkManager in F13/Rawhide: accepted
bug triage changes coming:
- The triage team will be using the keyword Triaged instead of the ASSIGNED status to indicate triaged bugs from F13 on.
- The maintainers decide to use ASSIGNED or ON_DEV instead.
- For now there was no result how we should handle this and we will continue the discussion later.
phonon/trunk , PA-integration work/testing:
- RexDieter imported a Phonon trunk snapshot into the devel branch.
- KevinKofler is going to look into getting PA integration into devel/Rawhide++/F13.
- StephenParrish is working on new KPackageKit 0.5 in F12 and F13/Rawhide.