From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2009-12-01 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- Qt 4.6
- KDE 4.4 Beta 1
- KDE 4.3.4
- Phonon/PulseAudio issues due to the F12 Live CD missing xine-lib-pulseaudio
- recent bugs:
- Qt 4.6 is now available in rawhide.
- In the next build a regression causing trouble in KMail will be fixed.
- Qt 4.6 builds for F12 will probably not be build before KDE 4.4.0.
KDE 4.4 Beta 1:
- LukasTinkl is working on KDE 4.4 Beta 1 in rawhide.
- WebKit support (which is currently disabled) needs to be reenabled.
- ThanNgo started work on KDE 4.3.4.
- There will likely be no update for F-10 (at least there was no clear decision because the EOL is quite near).
Phonon/PulseAudio issues due to the F12 Live CD missing xine-lib-pulseaudio:
- Missing xine-lib-pulseaudio on Fedora 12 Live images causes Phonon not to use Pulseaudio.
- There seems to be no easy solution (or hacks) for enabling Pulseaudio again on an already installed system without overwriting settings that intentionally disabled Pulseaudio.
- An updated Phonon from trunk with a supplied device-manager-module in Pulseaudio (#541419) could help in this issue by disabling Phonon's device management.
- KevinKofler is going to discuss shipping the device-manager module and Phonon PA integration with lennart.