From Fedora Project Wiki
- 2009-12-15 14:00 UTC
- #fedora-meeting on freenode
- topics to discuss:
- kde-4.3.4 status
- KDE Rebranding
- multilibbing KCMs, i.e. putting them into the -libs subpackages (KCMs can be embedded into applications; if embedded into a 32-bit app, the 32-bit KCM is needed)
- KDE Stability Proposal
- netbook edition?
- recent bugs:
KDE 4.3.4 status:
- Update for F-12 will be queued for updates-testing asap.
- LukasTinkl was working on updates for F-11.
- Early adopters could use kde-testing (at kde-redhat) in the meantime.
KDE Rebranding (#547361):
- Since upstream proposed a rebranding we have to adopt the new name at various places:
- SPECs (JaroslavReznik, RexDieter, ThanNgo)
- Wiki (JaroslavReznik)
- Spins page (JaroslavReznik)
- KCMs (KDE Configuration Modules, used in System Settings and in the preferences of some applications) will be moved to the -libs subpackages so 32-bit multilibs will be provided.
- KParts will need a similar treatment.