Revisiting discussion from http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-04-23/fesco.2012-04-23-17.00.log.html
- 2) GUI users will disable it (no GUI, printer support missing in s-c-printer, will break after reboot with printers configured in control-center)
- AFAICS nothing has changed
- 3) virt users will disable it (as of now, patches exist)
- AFAICS nothing has changed - libvirt 0.9.13 still doesn't include firewalld support
- 4) advanced firewall users will disable it (there is a --passthrough, but no way to configure persistently; also, apparently nobody has noticed #815439 beforee today)
- #815439 was fixed, but there is still no way to configure --passthrough persistently.
Looking at http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=firewalld.git;a=summary , there were only 8 commits since the last FESCo meeting.
Given the above, and that only 18 days are left until devel freeze, there seems to be a non-trivial risk of the F17 situation repeating. --Mitr 19:07, 20 July 2012 (UTC)
I've added this to the networking beat of the release notes, though I was a bit more verbose than the copy suggested.