|2009-09-03||From 10:00 to 22:00 UTC (6 am -> 6 pm EDT)||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Sugar on a Stick.
- Development - Sebastian Dziallas
- Random stuff - Peter Robinson
- QA + Test case system management Mel Chua
- add yourself here
Prerequisite for Test Day
- a USB Key (at least 2 GB)
- Download the SoaS v2 Beta
- Download the updated livecd-iso-to-disk.sh script
- Create a user account on the demo semantic media wiki instance
How to test?
- Download livecd-iso-to-disk.sh and soas-2-beta.iso as noted in #Prerequisite for Test Day.
- Verify that you downloaded the correct file by running
soas-2-beta.isofile. The results should look similar to those noted below
- 6b2a235251d545013c020ded05a8336eceff8114 soas-2-beta.iso
- As the root user, write the live image to your USB device by executing the following command:
- bash livecd-iso-to-disk.sh --unencrypted-home --home-size-mb 200 --overlay-size-mb 200 --format --reset-mbr soas-2-beta.iso /dev/sdx1
Don't forget ...
- In case you haven't used this wiki before, you might need to create an account before being able to login. When you're asked to login, click on Create Account and enter your FAS information, with which you should be able to submit your reports then.
- To add your smolt profile, start the Terminal Activity. Next, as the root user, execute the following commands:
# yum update python-urlgrabber # smoltSendProfile
- In the Install Media section, please provide us with your USB key's name & model!
The following test validates booting the sugar on a stick live image.
- Put SoaS on a USB key using the instructions above.
- Insert USB key and boot for the first time: tell us how it goes!
- Try rebooting several times and report if you encountered any issues, i.e. whether the boot process got unreliable.
- Boot into Sugar!
- Run three different Activities and report which ones you tried.
- If you have more than one machine available or coordinated with somebody else via IRC, please try the collaborative features and report if they work.
- Boot into Sugar!
- Start the Terminal Activity, become root and execute zyx-liveinstaller.
- Click on Launch Partitioner and partition your hard disk in gparted by creating three partitions.
- a boot partition, at least 512 MB (/boot ext4)
- a / partition, at least 2 GB (/ ext4)
- a swap partition, according to the amount of memory your machine has (not required or recommended as swap does not help on a USB satellit 06/28/20100)
- Close gparted and continue to click through the installation, where you will be presented an overview of the changes to be made.
- Optional Step: Unplug the USB key after the installation has finished but before rebooting to check if rebootless installation worked.
- Reboot your machine and report if the general installation succeeded.
You may be familiar with previous Fedora Test Days. All test results were reported into the wiki. To report your experience for the Soas test day, we are using the new semantic wiki infrastructure that has been set up in sprint session in #fedora-qa.
Add your results
For each of test case you work on ...
- Goto http://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Form:Test_result
- If you haven't already done so, create a new wiki account and login
- Create a test result page following the naming convention:
Test_Case_Name - FAS_user_name, then click Add or edit
- Complete the test result form as indicated (see screenshot).