|Tuesday March 30, 2010||ALL DAY||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on SSSD by default
If you come to this page after the test day is completed, your testing is still valuable, and you can use the information on this page to test with your system and provide feedback.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion...
- Development - Stephen Gallagher, Simo Sorce, Tomas Mraz
- Quality Assurance - User:jgalipea, User:zmraz, User:gowrishankar
- Design - Máirín Duffy
What's needed to test
- A system with a network connection
- Fedora 13 (Branched) (tips on installing Branched below) with at least
installed, or a SSSD live image
How to test?
Update your machine
See the instructions on the Branched page on the various ways in which you can install or update to the Branched release. Be sure you are testing with at least authconfig-6.1.2-1.fc13 and sssd-1.1.0-2.fc13. To install the latest
yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update authconfig sssd
Optionally, you may download a non-destructive Rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. Live images with the latest
packages can be found here.
When ready, please follow each of these test cases:
Report your Results
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Trac. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from James Laska as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one. For each test case, if your system worked correctly, simply enter the word
PASS. If you had trouble, enter the word
FAIL, with a link to the bug report for the failure. If you could not perform one test (for example, you cannot perform the more advanced tests because the basic one fails, or you cannot perform the private LDAP test as you do not have access to an LDAP server), enter the word N/A. In the comments column, you can enter any short, additional information about your testing environment.
- Unable to change password. "System is offline, password change not possible. passwd: Authentication token manipulation error" message displayed.
- couldn't update ICEauthority file /home/sssdtest10005/.ICEauthority. There is a problem with the configuration server. (/usr/libexec/gconf-sanity-check-2 exited with status 256)