|Fedora Test Days|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on internationalization support in desktop applications
The following cast of characters will be available for testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
Prerequisite for Test Day
- One or more keyboards with different layouts.
- Bare metal or virtual machine.
- Usb key, a virtualized guest or a burned CD/DVD with the test image
How to test?
Prepare Your System
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images). We have [| Fedora 21 Alpha TC5] available.
- Unless otherwise noted, you may use nightly Fedora 21 branch install images. Review for information on downloading and installing Branched.
Test Cases and Results
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla with i18n keyword. For instance file a bug report against the component firefox if you have problems testing the Firefox Web Browser. adding i18n keyword to Keywords field in bugzilla is important part in order to keep it on track. If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the separate pages by testing categories below.
Nice to test
Bugs you might hit or additional situations that are nice to test:
- no default IMEs set for Asian users
- no default keymap selected for language, even login to local language
- ibus shortcut key doesn't work
- Enable email@example.com extension -> Enable or disable doesn't work with Hangul Key
- After doing "ctrl+space", ibus tray icon freezes/ibus is not working with Ctrl+Space
- run ibus-setup produces IBUS-CRITICAL ** Traceback.
- [indic] konsole does not display Indic text correctly
- Changing language to Chinese(P.R. of China) results in Chinese(Hong Kong)
- (All langs) gtkhtml-editor-WARNING **:zh-CN: No such language