I'm keeping my "Fedora Extras todo-list" here because it might be of interest for some people. Most important things are on the top of the lists.
Do it soon
- alsa-tools and alsa-firmware
- a proper orphans policy (when to remove them from devel?)
- a proper policy to tag packages in CVS that are dead / unused / whatever (like package.dead )
- create Packaging/MaintaincePolicy which policys or hints how packages should be maintained
- how does FESCo work link
- we need some tools that automatically check build packages in the buildsys for common problems (empty debuginfo, hardcoded rpath, ...)
- allow new contributors to enter Extras more easily (e.g. give them CVS access, but only let sponsors request builds after they checked the changes)
- don't maintain two orpahns lists (e.g. one in the wiki and one in owners.list)
- we should have a weekly "new packages in Extras report"
Should be done sooner or later
I should do this but I seldom find time for it
- Sponsor people, do reviews