Improving Graphic Card Performance in Fedora
This guide is meant for all those interested in extracting the best from their graphic cards (including integrated ones).
Beats : Scientific and Technical Notes
1 Weka is a collection of machine learning algorithms for data mining tasks. The algorithms can either be applied directly to a dataset or called from your own Java code. Weka contains tools for data pre-processing, classification, regression, clustering, association rules, and visualization. It is also well-suited for developing new machine learning schemes. Weka has been updated to version 3.2.6-4 with important bug fixes.
2. The Mobile Robot Programming Toolkit (MRPT: mrpt-apps) is an extensive, cross-platform, and open source C++ library aimed to help robotics researchers to design and implement algorithms in the fields of Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), computer vision, and motion planning (obstacle avoidance). The latest version 0.9.0-0.5 has been rebuilt against wxGTK-2.8.11-2. The rebuild was necessitated by the new version of Opencv.
3. Gnumeric has been updated from 1.10.0-1 to 1.10.2-4. The changes include a rebuild rebuild for new Goffice and bugfixes.
4. Texlive is an advanced comprehensive implementation of TeX for GNU/Linux and the Unices. Texlive-2007 is included in Fedora-14. The latest build features minor bugfixes. You can install TeXlive-2009 from the Texlive-2009 DVD with no hassles.
5. Maxima is a full featured symbolic and mathematical computation program with its own source level debugger for maxima code. Maxima has been updated from version 5.20.1 to 5.21.1 in Fedora-14. The latest build includes plot3d for plotting multiple surfaces and has built-in spherical transformations. Bessel, Riemann Zeta, signum and hypergeometric functions have all been extended or revised. Many bug fixes have been included in this version.
6. The R environment is an integrated suite of FOSS facilities for data manipulation, statistical computation, knowledge discovery from databases, data analysis, scientific computing and graphical display. R has been updated to version 2.11.1 in Fedora-14.
7. The Prover9 package provides the Prover9 resolution/paramodulation theorem prover and the Mace4 counter-model generator. Prover9 is an automated theorem prover for first-order and equational logic. It uses the inference techniques of ordered resolution and paramodulation with literal selection. The package has been updated to upstream version 200911a. The following have also been added: prover9-complex, prover9-gen_trc_defs and prover9-test_complex.
8. Scientific Python is a collection of Python modules for scientific computing. The latest version 2.8.11 includes numpy-1.4.0.
9. Gnuplot is a command-line driven, interactive function plotting program especially suited for scientific data representation. Gnuplot has been updated to the 4.4 series. Relative the 4.2 version, this version features smoother graphics based on the pango, cairo, and wxWidgets libraries, client-side interactive display using the HTML 5 "canvas" element, better internationalization, support for UTF-8 character encoding, support for transparency and alpha-channel image generation and handling, support for extended command line syntax, including iteration and new plot styles. Further PNG images can be read in and manipulated as plot elements. Gnuplot-py is a GUI for this program.
10. Extrema is a powerful visualization and data analysis tool that enables researchers to quickly distill their large, complex data sets into meaningful information. Its flexibility, sophistication, and power allow you to easily develop your own commands and create highly customized graphs. Version-4.4.4 has been rebuilt for wxGTK-2.8.11 in Fedora 14.
11. Asymptote is a powerful descriptive vector graphics language for technical drawings, inspired by MetaPost but with an improved C++-like syntax. Asymptote provides for figures the same high-quality level of typesetting that LaTeX does for scientific text. Labels and equations are typeset with LaTeX, for high-quality PostScript output. Fedora-14 includes version-2.04 with many bug fixes. Files generated in in-line tex mode can now be renamed without editing their contents.
12. VYM (View Your Mind) is a tool to generate and manipulate maps which show reasoning patterns. You can use them for time management, to organize tasks, to get an overview over complex contexts. Release-1.12.7 features a number of visualization improvements.
13. Mathomatic is a portable, general-purpose computer algebra system (CAS). The software does automatic manipulations and calculations of mixed symbolic/numeric mathematical expressions, allowing quick and easy solving, differentiation and simplification. Version-15.1.3 features a number of improvements including improved overflow handling and support for Mathematica-style input.