|Fedora Badges earned (14)|
Hello. I’m Pedro, 33 years of age. I’m currently living on the outskirts of Lisbon, Portugal. I come from a humble background so, accessing technology wasn’t easy for me. Only at sparsed time in school. I grew up tearing apart (remotes, radios, toys of every sorts and with a real set box of tools) and tinkering, so I’m kinda handy and prone for DYI and handmade things.
I’ve majored in philosophy in 2007 and made a bachelor in Cultural Management and Programming in 2007.
I started using linux back in 2004 but very intermittently. I was introduced to ubuntu, and until i’ve found fedora in 2015, ubuntu 10.04 was my favorite distro of all times.
From the moment I knew linux, I also became a FOSS advocate and enthusiast. I started dual-booting on a regular basis, gravitating debian and debian-based distros namely crunchbang.
But since 2015 I started using fedora and never looked back! Right now I don’t even dual-boot on my machines.
Activities Within Fedora
- As for now (November, 2016) I’m currently an humble translator on the Portuguese_PT team.
- I try to pay attention to the channel where i can help guide new comers like myself, so they can be more productive nd welcomed to Fedora Project by contributing accordingly to their specific skills.
- And also, I plan to become and Ambassador to help widespread the use of Fedora in Portugal and to make people understand why it poses a real and valid alternative to other operating systems not so open.
Activities Outside Fedora
I’m cycling fan, thug I don’t cycle that often, which I should. I’m an occasional urban landscape photographer. I like tea and classic literature. I have a blog where I post some tutorials, thoghts and pictures I take.
Feel free to talk to me at any time on any subject
- Email: cifose[at]fedoraproject[dot]org
- Telegram: cifose
- I also dwell, but not as often as telegram, on IRC as cifose