|IRC:||CzP on Libera.chat in|
I'm Peter Czanik from Hungary, a long time Linux user (I have each year since 1995 as the year of the Linux desktop :-) ). Started with Slackware, continued with RedHat, than with Jurix (rest in peace), S.u.S.E. and ended up using many different distributions, including but not limited to Fedora, RHEL/CentOS, openSUSE, SLES and FreeBSD.
As community manager of the syslog-ng project, my primary interest in Fedora was the syslog-ng package. I quickly became part of the Hungarian Fedora community and right now I'm working on becoming a Fedora Ambassador.
- Snailmail / phone / etc.: please contact me on IRC / e-mail
Activities within Fedora
As community manager for the syslog-ng project, I participate at conferences regularly. This is how I first met with the Hungarian Fedora community. Over the years it developed into a close working relationship, where I helped to maintain the Fedora booth at different conferences and also gave presentations as part of the Hungarian Fedora team. In 2013 I helped to organize two Hungarian Fedora community events to BalaBit HQ.
I'm on IRC most of the time, and help users regularly. My focus is logging, but can answer many other questions as well :)
Updating the syslog-ng package from an ancient version was my first packaging work on Fedora, and I'm still actively involved in this package. I plan to participate more actively in packaging, as some of the software I use regularly is quite outdated in Fedora.
For the last couple of years I was running the latest release along with RawHide. Originally it was because of syslog-ng, later because of first principle of the Fedora Foundations as using it was the best way to learn about emerging technologies like systemd & co. Along the way I reported and helped to fix syslog-ng related problems, later also generic Fedora bugs.
Events so far:
- Linux Free Software Conference (Open Source Lab - IT Center), Szeged - 2010. oct. 8. as visitor
- FOSDEM in Brussel - 2011. febr. ULB Solbush Campus as visitor
- Devconf CZ, Brno, February as visitor
- FUDCon Paris 2012. okt. 13 -15. as speaker
- VDay Virtualisation Day Hungary, Budapest - 2012. nov. 23. as booth supporter
- FSF Free Software Conference & Exhibition 2012 dec. 8. - Budapest, Hungary, Technical University of Óbuda, Vienna Road as booth supporter
- FOSDEM in Brussel - 2013. febr. ULB Solbush Campus as visitor
- Devconf CZ, Brno, February 23-24. as visitor
- Linuxwochen Vienna and Linux Graphics Meeting - 2013. may 2-4. FH Technikum Vienna, Vienna as booth supporter, speaker
- FSF Free Software Conference & Exhibition 2013 Jun. 8. - Budapest, Hungary, Technical University of Óbuda, Vienna Road as booth supporter
- FOSDEM in Brussel - 2014. febr. 1-2 as speaker
- LinuxWochen in Wien - 2014. May 8-10 as booth supporter, speaker
- DevConf 2014 in Brno, CZ - February 7-9th - visitor
- Fedora 20 Release Party in Budapest, HU - February 22th 2014, Balabit HQ - as organizer
- Linuxwochen 2014 Vienna in Vienna, AT - May 8th-10th 2014 - as booth support and a speaker
- Flock 2014 in Prague, CZ - August 6th-9th - as visitor