Hello! My name is Zack, and I am an undergraduate student attending a two-year college and hoping to transfer to a four-year university in the next year. There, I plan on finishing my B.A. in Software Engineering, after which I want to continue studying Computer Science at the graduate level.
My primary interests are in learning to program and putting together small server projects in my free time.
I discovered the Fedora Project through Google's Summer of Code Program. After using open source applications for years, I'm hoping to now find ways to contribute back to the communities that have produced so much great software.
Activities within Fedora
- I am hoping to contribute to the Fedora JBoss Spin Project
- I will also be keeping a blog of the experience as I go along.
- You can leave comments on my proposal on Google-Melange
I am still fairly new to Fedora and Linux in general. Most of my exposure to it has been in the small projects I pick up in my free time. I really enjoy the learning experience and level of customization made possible in Fedora - however, what amazes me most about this project is the community surrounding it. I am very new to the process and culture, but I look forward to helping in whatever ways I can!
By working with the Fedora Project, I hope to accomplish the following:
- To learn how packages are built, maintained, submitted for review, and eventually incorporated into Rawhide
- To broaden my understanding of both operating systems and programming languages, especially Java
- To better understand the process of how custom spins are created and accepted
- To begin to participate in large-scale projects and better understand the workflow involved in them
- Name: Zack
- Location: California, United States
- Email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC: dzack
- Fedora Account: dzack
- Github: https://github.com/zackgarza