RMR Micabalo ('Hardwyrd')
Romar Mayer Micabalo, also known by his online handle hardwyrd, is a long time self-proclaimed advocate and evangelist for Linux and FOSS. Since 1999, he has been advocating Linux and open source non-stop among various communities, civil society groups, and the academe.
He has given various talks and presentations over the years, ranging from various Linux distributions, and open source in general. (Links to his past and current presentations will be updated soon.)
Romar is an active volunteer for various communities, including but not limited to the following:
- Information Technology Group - X (ITG-X) - a local technology group based in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines. Romar is convenor, Secretary of the Board of Trustees, and co-organizer.
- ITG - PyTsada - local Python interest group organized by Innovuze Solutions, Inc. and ITG-X. Romar is co-organizer and group admin.
- Google Developers' Group - Cagayan de Oro (GDG-CDO) - a local chapter of Google Developers' Group. Romar volunteers with GDG-CDO as regular speaker and resource person.
- Developers Connect - Cagayan de Oro (DevCon-CDO) - another local tech advocacy group, with the focus on advocating technology in colleges and university campuses. Romar volunteers his time as resource person / speaker.
- Fedora (the Distro and the Community) (Slideshare)