|Andrew Niemantsverdriet [kaptk2]|
|Home:||Billings, Montana, United States|
|IRC:||kaptk2 on Freenode in|
|#fedora-ambassadors #ubuntu-montana #salt ##homebrew|
- First started using Linux in early 2000, Redhat 7 was the first linux distro that I used on regular basis
- Started administrating Redhat 9 servers as a job in 2004 and have been a Linux Systems admin ever since.
- I love the freedom that FOSS provides, it gives individuals the ability to shape the software and more easily connect with fellow users.
Where to Find Me
I typically hang on IRC using the nick kaptk2. I am in the #ubunutu-montana channel which has a misleading name as very few actually use Ubuntu in the channel. I think everyone is just to lazy to make a new channel and occasionally a new person will stumble into the channel and we can get him/her plugged into the local linux user groups or help them out with an issue.
- I work as a Linux System Administrator at a private college in Montana, we almost exculusily use FOSS for all the servers that run the college.
- I am really interested in virtualzaion technology and highly available systems.
- I have been fortunate enough to attend and present at a few Linux related events such as LFNW and UTOSC
- I am currently a Fedora packager
I enjoy the outdoors in my spare time skiing in the winter and hiking / fishing in the summer. I also brew my own beer, which is an incredibly satisfying hobby for me.