|IRC nick:||linuxmodder wa1em|
|IRC channels:||#fedora #fedora-ambassadors #fedora-freemedia #fedora-join #fedora-respins #fedora-social|
My name is Corey Sheldon, I'm a 35 year old California native and presently reside in the suburbs of the Nation's Capital (N. Virginia). I am very interested in youth/collegiate projects like TigerOS, which enlighten and empower the coming generations, as well as breaking down walls & stereotypes about what someone can / should do regardless of the subject matter.
I presently assist when I can within the following SIGs (special interest groups) here within the Fedora Project, most since Nov 2014.
- FamNA -- Ambassadors, North America -- August 2015 - May 2017, with first event being FossCon 2015.
- Infrastructure -- Again mostly to learn and help out debug things as I love finding broken things and analysing them.
- Join -- Doing the obvious what's next for new comers, some overlap with Commops.
- Freemedia -- Helping those that otherwise may not have access to Install media get it 'free to them'. How can one use the goodness of Fedora, when they can't even get hands on it right?
- Respins -- Overlap from freemedia.
I also help with local community events, mostly centered on Mental Illness awareness/care and Open Source. A Sampling below:
- NAMI (Facebook page, Local NoVA chapter walk/fund-raiser volunteer 3 years running).
- BestBuddies (VA & MD) -- walk volunteer in MD and assorted tasks including Campus Buddy tasks in VA.
- Mozilla bug team (mostly thunderbird and firefox) Mozillian Page
- BSIDES DC 2016, 2017, 2018
- BSIDES Charm 2018
- BSIDES NC 2016
- CarolinaCON 2015
- FOSSCON 2015, 2016
- LISA 2015, 2016