From Fedora Project Wiki
(Redirected from User:Lruzicka/QA:Testcase jack midi)
JACK MIDI Routing
This test case tests that PipeWire can support JACK applications with MIDI routing.
- This test case should be performed on bare-metal machines. In case you want to test it on virtual machines, consider the USB device pass-through for required devices.
- The computer must be equipped with a sound device.
- Install a desktop version of Fedora 35 (or later).
- Install the
- Connect a USB MIDI keyboard to your computer.
- Connect your speakers (headphones) to the default sound device.
- Perform the following steps as a regular user.
How to test
- Start Yoshimi
yoshimiand check that it starts.
- Start QJackCtl
qjackctland check that it starts.
- Go to QJackCtl and click on the Graph button to open Jack connections.
- Find yoshimi in the graph and make sure that its output (right side of the icon) is connected to the system’s playback slots.
- If not, create a connection to send Yoshimi’s output to the system playback device.
- Also, create a connection between your MIDI keyboard MIDI output and Yoshimi’s MIDI input.
- Play some tones on the MIDI keyboard and confirm that the sound can be heard over the connected sound device.
- QJackCtl and Yoshimi start successfully.
- The Graph tab of QJackCtl shows devices and allows to connect them including the MIDI connections.
- Yoshimi produces audible sounds which means that all connections work properly.