How much should the personas work factor into our work to define a target audience for the default Fedora Distribution offering?
- An effort was started to identify the Fedora's Distribution's target audience using personas
- Some interviews were conducted, but no one is currently able to dedicate time the effort.
- Approximately 10 hours of work (possibly more) remains to interview people and collect the data.
- Several more hours after interviews to analyze the data and start developing personas based on it.
- Drop the personas work until someone can carry and lead it
- Seek funding for someone to complete the personas work
- Seek out volunteers in Fedora to carry the personas work to its conclusion
- Other solutions?
- Finishing the personas work would provide a wider body of information for the Board to make an informed decisions on the Fedora distro's target audience.
- Without a clear leader of this effort who has time to commit to it, the likelihood of this effort finishing soon and producing timely information appears to be low.
- Have we been clear enough that the Target Audience discussion is about the users of the Fedora Distribution and not the Fedora Project as a whole?
- Should we explicity state or call out somewhere--in an FAQ?
Recommendation from 2010-02-08 Meeting
- Request help from community. If there is no community interest or leadership then close it.
- Request sent on 2010-02-12
- There was no response