F/Red stands for Fedora/Red Hat Electric Devices.
There are, currently, none or little devices made specifically for Fedora. The goals of the proposal are:
- Generate an open hardware specification for various electric devices; tailored specifically for Fedora.
- Generate conceptual art around those devices.
- Develop a proposition.
In general, the idea is to design laptops, cellphones, audio players and any kind of modern devices that could be built for Fedora. There is a latent market of ~34,000,000 unique IPs ;)
Laptops and PCs
- Upgradeable hardware.
- A native GNU & Linux keyboard. I dislike the windows logo on my keyboard.
- 100% compatible and optimized hardware.
- Fedora Art on it.
- Linux native keys on the keyboard.
- Plays open formats (ogg, webm, flac, etc)
- Upgradable (hdd, memory, processor, etc)
- Sync all (contacts, pictures, movies, music, etc)
- Share music (streaming, p2p, etc)
- Creative Commons Friendly (jamendo, libre.fm, etc)
- Android and/or something tailored for it?
- SIP clients
- Open formats
- Web enabled
- Upgradeable (hardware and software)
- Open Formats