|Location:||Rochester, NY, USA|
|IRC:||riecatnor on irc.freenode.net|
My name is Marie Catherine Nordin and I am Fedora's Community Action and Impact Coordinator. I stepped into the role in November of 2019 and I just hit my two year anniversary! I live and work in Rochester, NY, with my two cats Ruby & Sapphire.
History & Contributions
I first became involved with the Fedora Project in the fall of 2013 when I heard about Gnome's Outreachy Program. I applied to become a Fedora Badges intern and upon acceptance I participated in the seventh session of the program. During my internship I designed over 70 Fedora badges as well as the first version of the Fedora Badges Official Style Guide. Over the past 5 years, I continued to stay involved with the Fedora Badges project, taking a leadership role on the Design side of the subproject. I take volunteer time to triage, mentor, and hold workshops/hackfests for Fedora badges.
I have also been involved in the Fedora Design team over the years, attending events, creating t-shirts, helping with logos, and various design related tasks.
Fedora Community Action and Impact Coordinator
Since becoming FCAIC in 2019, I have worked on many projects and initiatives with the community. Some of which include:
- Development and implementation of a new Code of Conduct
- Development and execution of the First Fedora Contributor Annual Survey
- Transition from in person to virtual events due to COVID-19 including Release Parties, Social Hours, and Nest with Fedora
- Development and support of the Fedora Community Outreach Revamp Objective
- Lead the Mindshare Committee and participate on the Fedora Council
- Support and coordination for the Diversity & Inclusion Team including meetups, Fedora Women's Day 2020, and Fedora Week of Diversity 2021