- 1 Cleaning transifex.net fedora projects
- 1.1 Default of maintainers or project to check
- 1.2 Grouping projects on the hub or transifex release
- 1.3 Dead projects ?
- 2 TXN limitations
Cleaning transifex.net fedora projects
Default of maintainers or project to check
Anyone could check those projects, please help.
- [M] means no maintainers found (I don't count the FLSCo ones, that have probably helped on the move from our own instance). Avoided ones are: 'diegobz', 'raven', 'glezos'
- [D] means the source language has not been updated for a long time (4 months in this list). It is against all resources on one project. docs.fpo/guides are not relevant here. If the project has received translations since then, that would be great to update the RPM.
Your project could stay like that if no new developments, be removed if translations have moved somewhere else, be improved if you change your workflow to le translator do their duty.
- [D] avahi. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:35:15 2011. Not in translation. See the devel ML.
- [D] expendable. Last update: Thu Jul 21 11:30:11 2011
- [M] fedora-desktop-backgrounds
- [D] fedora-docbook-locales. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:31:23 2011
- [D] fedora-docsite-publican. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:48:11 2011
- [D] fedora-elections-guide. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:55:28 2011
- [D] fedora-preupgrade. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:34:19 2011
- [D] fedora-readme-burning-isos. Last update: Tue May 3 22:32:25 2011
- [D] fedora-rpm-guide. Last update: Tue Mar 22 16:23:35 2011
- [D] fedora-virtualization-guide. Last update: Tue Mar 22 16:43:04 2011
[D] firstboot. Last update: Thu May 5 07:32:11 2011. Active. [D] hivex. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:29:12 2011. alive.
- [D] iwhd. Last update: Thu Oct 20 18:26:50 2011 This project has moved to the opentranslation.org project. Should be removed from the fedora group
- [D] liveusb-creator. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:28:30 2011
- [D] newt. Last update: Fri Apr 1 11:14:29 2011
- [D] paprefs. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:14:33 2011. Not in translation. See the devel ML.
- [D] pavucontrol. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:14:43 2011. Not in translation. See the devel ML.
- [D] pulseaudio. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:14:31 2011. Not in translation. See the devel ML.
[D] pulsecaster. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:35:59 2011. Project not setup but without any changes. Don't need to be now --Shaiton 16:16, 21 February 2012 (UTC) [D] pykickstart. Last update: Wed Oct 19 20:27:38 2011. No probs here. Alive.
- [M] python-meh
- [D] readahead. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:15:19 2011
- [M] redhat-menus
[D] setuptool. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:08:34 2011. No new development. Alive.
- [M] sos
- [M] system-config-bind
[D] system-config-boot. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:14:23 2011. No new dev but Alive.
- [M] system-config-firewall
- [M] system-config-httpd
- [M] system-config-keyboard
[D] system-config-kickstart. Last update: Wed Jun 22 18:24:26 2011. No new development. Alive.
- [M] system-config-lvm
- [D] system-config-nfs. Last update: Tue Jul 5 10:11:11 2011. Project not set for Transifex.net. See the repo.
[D] system-config-printer. Last update: Mon Sep 26 13:46:40 2011.Active project last local po update on 2012-01-23. Should probably need a tx push -s to refresh pot? (really, I don't know). Repo there.
- [M] system-config-rootpassword
- [M] system-switch-java
- [M] system-switch-mail
[D] virttop. Last update: Tue Mar 22 15:29:18 2011. alive. [D] zif. Last update: Tue Nov 1 10:13:26 2011. Last pull 3 days ago (from the repo). Alive--Shaiton 10:42, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
Grouping projects on the hub or transifex release
Under transifex.net, a translator could see what to translate in two ways:
- Going through the Fedora hub and checking by language (en example) or by the all resource release.
- or going through each sub projects, called release, defined at the bottom of the main page. They are Fedora Documentation, Fedora Main, Fedora Upstream Projects, Fedora Websites.
The problem is that some projects are in the hub but not in any Fedora release. Therefore we could miss them. While some others are in one of The Fedora release (web, docs) but not in the Fedora Hub. And we have some third parties projects in any of those ones.
Since all sub-projects on a hub have to use their parents ACLs, there is no point to remove active projects from a release.
Here are some details:
Projects under the Fedora Hub but not in any releases
This is not wrong if we don't want translators to work on that (i.e. deprecated content). But this is wrong for active projects.
fedora-accessibility-guide. Just added in docs. fedora-burning-iso-images-to-disc. Just added in docs. fedora-cloud-guide. Just added in docs.
fedora-install-guide. Just added in docs.
- fedora-managing-confined-services (this project is empty)
- fedora-respin-guide. This project is empty
- fedora-selinux-faq. This project is empty
- fedora-selinux-guide. This project is empty
- fedora-software-management-guide. This project is empty
- fedora-wireless-guide. This project is empty
Projects under a Fedora Release but not in the main Fedora Hub
This is not wrong if they want to have handle teams by themself (not using the Fedora one). But that should be only for fedora-upstream-project, right? In those projects a Fedora team can't translate, that's quite bad.
Only in the fedora-main release
pwquality-libraryfree for all--Shaiton 11:29, 30 March 2012 (UTC) libreportfree for all--Shaiton 11:29, 30 March 2012 (UTC) python-fedorafree for all--Shaiton 11:29, 30 March 2012 (UTC) setuptoolRHBZ #808430 Now sourcing the Fedora Hub.
- system-config-httpd RHBZ #808431
- system-config-rootpassword RHBZ #808433
- system-switch-java RHBZ #808434
- system-switch-mail RHBZ #808436
Those project are not linked to Fedora in the transifex.net platform, not from the fedora hub, neither on any fedora release.
- Packet that Fedora translators have translated in the past should probably be linked.
But where (Fedora HUB = taking fedora teams), fedora-main release or fedora-upstream release?
If wee don't link theme, then we won't be able to assure correct translations!
A not exhaustive list.
iok (empty project). Probably is at RH/Zanata. Asked there: RHBZ #799544.See uptream instructions. cracklib. RHBZ #808426.It is in the fedora-uptream-projects release.
Dunno where to translate theme
Following projets are there cause checked during test days. Should be in fedora-main release (if using transifex.net).
- im-chooser RH/zanata
- im-setting RH/zanata
RHBZ #808419RH/zanata policycoreutils. Don't appear to pull translations from anywhere. see.RHBZ #808420. Now in fedora-main. smolt RHBZ #799546-- Now deprecated
- switchdesk RHBZ #799548
system-config-languagein RH/zanata --Shaiton 10:54, 30 March 2012 (UTC) just received confirmation @trans
- system-config-netboot. Seems to be a dead package.
usermode RHBZ #799550. in fedora-main
Dead projects ?
- special characters not displayed in suggestions (CR, non breakable spaces…)
- we loose suggestion/history while translating offline
- proofreading is not useful, the team coordinator should decide either the maintainer DL proofread only or not (team specific, they don't need to know)
- sorting resources is broken, scroll bar is slow
- the lock time is to small, there could be a "unlock request" sending a notification to the coordinator and the locker
- on the translators credits (Last Translator gettext header), the maintainer appears, which is wierd
- we can't easily add a whole project to a release (see fedora-docs, that's huge and unmaintainable (if new files appears, we don't know)
- No FAS login (OpenID?)
- /me has to see his active tickets…