This test case ensures the VirtualBox work well.
- Prepare a machine with the latest stable release (Fedora 39) installed
- Install VirtualBox from third-party repo
How to test
- Create a virtual machine of Fedora 28/29 and boot the current development release or latest stable release in it (use
boot.iso, PXE or
DVD.isoof Fedora 40). This can be accomplished by selecting
Newand making sensible choices.
createto boot the guest from the provided ISO disc which can be added under the Storage section of the VM which is being created.
- Proceed with normal installation.
- Restart and finish the initial-setup
- From the vm-window (usually on the top look for Devices -> Shared Clipboard )
- Select "Bidirectional"
- Try copy and pasting between VM and host and between host and VM.
- The installer successfully boots from the ISO image
- The install completes successfully
- The copy and paste operation work fine