|E-mail:||akashdeep DOT dhar AT gmail DOT com|
|IRC:||t0xic0der on irc.libera.chat|
|#fedora-join, #fedora-docs, #fedora-admin, #fedora-badges, #fedora-council, #fedora-commops, #fedora-docs, #fedora-india, #fedora-mindshare, #fedora-pgm, #fedora-apps, #fedora-python, #fedora-qa, #fedora-social, #fedora-websites, #redhat-cpe, #centos-ci, #packit|
I am a creative engineer who brings out the best in people.
I have been a GNU/Linux enthusiast since my early college days with keen interests in networking, cloud computing, self-hosting and operating systems. Having been diagnosed with an acute distro-hopping syndrome, I have tried a multitude of GNU/Linux distributions before settling for Fedora Workstation (and never moving away since). The use of leading-edge technologies, distribution as quick point releases and the support by a friendly diverse collective of users and contributors made me want to give back in a way that helps the community grow substantially. Being a proponent of free and open-source software, I advocate for equitable and inclusive participation in the projects that I help develop and maintain.
I had the opportunity to work full-time on free and open-source software when I joined Red Hat's Community Platform Engineering team in 2021. Since then, I have been helping with developing/maintaining projects and monitoring/administrating services on Fedora Infrastructure and CentOS Infrastructure. I have also been leading the efforts on revamping the workflow of managing our websites and application as being the lead of the Fedora Websites and Apps Team and an objective representative in the Fedora Council. To help with the mentorship efforts, I have also been a general mentor twice and a technical mentor once for the Outreachy internships and coordinated the community's participation in such programmes.
I have worked on and am actively contributing to the following areas.
- Developing applications
- Maintaining websites
- Supporting infrastructure
- Setting CI/CD pipelines
- Packaging software
- Facilitating localization
- Performing QA activities
- Mentoring interns/newbies
- Participating in governance
- Conducting classrooms
- Organizing multiple events
- Providing support on forums
- Writing articles and documentation
- Representing the community
- Guiding teams/SIGs
- Onboarding new contributors
I have participated in the following talks, discussions and events.
Fedora Linux 36 Release Party
- Fedora's Workstation State of Gaming (28 May 2022)
- Fedora Websites and Apps Team Revamp Objective Update (19 May 2022)
Fedora Linux 35 Release Party
- Fedora Websites and Apps Team Revamp Objective Update (08 Dec 2021)
- Monitoring Applications in Fedora Infra (08 Dec 2021)
Nest With Fedora 2021
- Fedora Websites and Apps Team Revamp Objective Overview (30 Sep 2021)
- Fedora Council Town Hall (30 Sep 2021)
- Fedora Join SIG Ninja Talk (30 Sep 2021)
- Fedora Graphs (30 Sep 2021)
Fedora Linux 34 Release Party
- Fedora Websites and Apps Team Revamp Objective Update (03 Jun 2021)
- Fedora Join SIG: How to Join Fedora (03 Jun 2021)
- Git 101 with Pagure (17 Jul 2020)
I have authored the following set of articles.
- Fedora Websites and Apps Objective Revamp Update: April 2022 (26 Apr 2022)
- CPE Weekly Update – Week of October 25th – 29th (28 Oct 2021)
- Call for Projects and Mentors for Outreachy December-March Cohort (10 Sept 2021)
- Proposed Objective: Fedora Websites & Apps Community Revamp (14 May 2021)
- Join Fedora’s Hacktoberfest event (30 Sep 2020)
I have been awarded 63 badges until now.