|Private Mail:||akashdeep DOT dhar AT gmail DOT com|
|IRC:||t0xic0der on Libera.chat in|
I am a cybersecurity enthusiast with keen interests in networking, cloud computing, DevOps, and operating systems. I am currently in the final year of my bachelor's degree with computer science as a major specialization and cybersecurity as a minor specialization. I have over five years of experience in using GNU/Linux systems and have made contributions to Fedora made in applications, infrastructure, classrooms, QnA, and documentation so far.
Apart from this, I like to get involved in
- Developing cool application and service projects by myself
- Leading the development of projects in the AstroSonic FOSS Community
- Dampening the learning curve for people new to GNU/Linux
- Teaching people about programming languages, development practices and DevOps
- Using COPR to package my projects for RPM-based distributions
- Tinkering around containerization technologies and internet-of-things project on Raspberry Pi
- Meeting new people and making bad jokes at Join SIG chat
- Answering technical questions on Quora
- Resolving issues and queries on AskFedora
I am addicted to distro-hopping (a tendency to not settle for one distribution for long enough and constantly switch to try new features). On one of my distro-hopping endeavors, I was struck by the uniqueness of Fedora with how it embraced the leading edge technologies while being a friendly and conventional point-release based distribution. Since then, I enjoy my newfound home in Fedora Workstation (while occasionally switching back to Arch Linux because of the dependency paranoia)
I am available in these places around the clock.