Hello, my name is Thierry Sayegh, just call me Thierry. I am 39 yr old and I currently live in Paris. I have been known to be a resident of Paris, Dublin, Bologna, Roma, Cambridge (UK) and Oslo over the last three decades. My involvement with linux goes back to '93/4 and a stack of floppies to install linux on a laptop that looked like a door stopper. My interest in IT started with a ZX81 them moving on to a whole flurry of Amstrad CPC, C64, Atari STE, 386 etc. My hobby turned into a full time job a while ago when the MD of my then employer noticed I was helping everyone with their IT issues and offered me to take over. I never looked back.
My day job is to manage a small consultancy outfit that gives strategic advice to C-levels on integrating and benefiting from Open-Source.
Past and present occupation have had me involved with:
- running the linux ops for EMEA
- being a *nix infrastructure architect
- acting as Linux SME
- project manager
- deal with mildly absurd requests from the power-that-be
- being told to reduce my budget and when done, being told I was not spending enough cash
After so many years on the receiving end I have decided to give back and since I have been annoying my friends and colleagues for years now with how linux is the "bees' knees" I might as well carry on on behalf of Fedora.
- I speak French, Italian and English - daily
- I am studying Norwegian (arrived in Oslo 4 months ago) <-- game over, am outa here.
- I am RHCE
|Servers:||Fedora - RHEL - CentOS|
|Desktop:||Fedora - RHEL|
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Write me a note
- IRC: horadrim (eg. #fedora, #fedora-unity, #fedora-admin, #fedora-ambassadors)
- GPG key: 56ED7D5A
- Fedora Account: thierry on the FAS
Activities within Fedora
- So far my visible involvement is minimal but will hopefully grow with time as most tasks were done in the background..