- Hey, it's highly recommended you move DaleBewley to User:Dale because these are our wiki's standards. If you use the move tab at the top of the page, you can automatically redirect your old page to the new one, too. --Ian Weller 22:29, 17 January 2009 (UTC)
- No idea if you are going to see this reply... I'm not familiar with that standard. On FWN we always link names to their camel case representation. That's what I prefer. --Dale 01:25, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- This needs to change. The camel case representation no longer automatically creates links, and the MediaWiki standard is to use the User namespace.
- Docs is working very hard at getting to each subproject, and FWN is on that list that we haven't gotten to yet. --Ian Weller 01:52, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- I'll catch up on any mail list discussion there may be, but an advantage for FWN is that there are MANY names referenced, and defaulting to FirstLast obviates the need to search for a User:<unknownusername> and gives us a simple assumed default. Searching for a username won't be very practical and those links probably won't happen (for whatever they are worth). It's conceivable that FirstLast could be a wikipedia style biography page for people who are important to linux, but unlikely to ever have a FAS account name and User: page. --Dale 19:50, 18 January 2009 (UTC)