|Fedora Free Media Program is a volunteer initiative under Fedora Distribution Project that aims to distribute Fedora Media (DVDs) for free to individuals who can't afford to buy or download. Please note this is a volunteer initiative by local Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors. There is no funding from Fedora for this initiative. The media comes from volunteers from around the globe that coordinates their efforts using Fedora Infrastructure. The number of discs is limited to the resources of those volunteers. We are constantly looking for more Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors to participate. If you have any question about this you can consult Susmit, Neville or Frank.|
How FreeMedia Works
At the begining of each month a Form to Request Media is opened. This form captures requests from all people. This form does not include those countries that are listed as embargoed in the Export Matrix List. After the form has been closed, the volunteers pick the closest request so the shipping cost are keep low.
- One media per person per release + source media if requested.
- Any duplicate requests will be canceled.
- If you're a Fedora Ambassador or Fedora Contributor, you will not receive any DVD via this program. Freemedia does not provide disks for events.
- Please note this is a volunteer initiative by local Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors.
- Please note we can't ship media to U.S. embargoed or restricted destinations. See Fedora Export Control Product Matrix
- Per Fedora Project Board's recommendation , physical media with source code is available upon request.
Before fill in the form we would like you to remember that we have limited resources, and therefore to consider others means to obtain media, like:
- attend to an event
- ask to another user or a Fedora Ambassador for copying his o her disk
- buy from an online vendor or local vendors
If none of those works for you then, here is the FORM
Freemedia is a wonderful idea, coordinates small contributions form people around the world to deliver media for those that otherwise would not be able to enjoy Fedora. All this is made using Fedora Infraestructure. If you like this concept and like Fedora, you can easily become a member. We ask for two disk monthly plus shipping, please consider Join the Fremedia team.
We appreciate all of the support and interest we have received so far, and we hope that more volunteers will step forward to help us increase our capacity and accept a larger number of requests.
You can help us making a Donation to the program.
- For historical records, visit Fedora Free Media Program Archive page.