|Thank you for your interest in Fedora Free Media Program! This is a volunteer driven initiative under Fedora Distribution Project that aims to distribute Fedora Media (DVDs) for free to individuals who can't afford to buy or download. Please note this is completely a community driven volunteer driven system - volunteers pay out of their own pockets for the media and the postage. More Fedora Ambassadors or Contributors are invited to participate . If you have any question about the program, please drop Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD) an e-mail. Please do not write directly to program coordinators requesting media|
What to expect
We expect from you to provide time and resources to:
- get the ISO of the current Fedora Release.
- do what you can to help out. 1 or 2 discs per month, is all we ask.
- pay the wrapping and postage to ship those disks.
You are not expected to provide boxes, printed sleeves or printed labels. Writing with a soft tip marker and a standard CD mailer is enough.
A FreeMedia Mailer has been created to aid this process and it is available here.
Feel free to donate more media and send printed disk if you wish. You can even send media to other countries if you wish. Please always keep in mind that this is a volunteer initiative and we strongly suggest that you not spend more that you can afford.
How to join
Why two lists?
- Freemedia list is a low traffic list where you can ask questions and communicate ideas related to freemedia. Being on this list is mandatory.
- Freemedia Trac list is a high traffic where every single transaction on the trac system is emailed. If one person open, assign , comment, or close a ticket one email is generated. This should be about 1750 mails every month. Being in this list is optional.
After you have Joined
Members of Freemedia Team
You can check if there is a freemedia contributor on your country at the Member List
Obsolete, link for historical purposes. If all these expectations are too much, you can still help us by Making a donation to the program.
Please contact Ankur Sinha (FranciscoD) regarding any queries on this page.