The mission of the Haskell Special Interest Group is to maintain, grow, and guide the packaging of Haskell projects in Fedora.
We have two mailing-lists:
We have anchannel on freenode.net .
Follow us on Twitter.
Haskell Platform support
- F20 has haskell-platform-2013.2.0.0 with ghc-7.6.3
- F19 has haskell-platform-2012.4.0.0 with ghc-7.4.2
- EPEL7 Beta has ghc-7.6.3
- EPEL6 has haskell-platform-2011.4.0.0 and ghc-7.0.4
- EPEL5 has ghc-7.0.4
- help improve
- update GHC_Update_SOP when bootstrapping ghc-7.8
- submit Haskell_Spin to Spins SIG?
- package test packages (hspec, etc)
- repoquery wrapper for (reverse-)dependencies
- cabal-rpm: recursive support
- automate rebuilds in koji or mock-build (see rebuild scripts in haskell-sig.git)
- Add %check sections for packages that have tests available
- Better tool to check for dependency breakage for version updates: packdeps reverse and cblrepo exist
- Automatically updated package dependency graphs.
- Continuous build integration to automate build testing (see upstream stackage project)
- Koji supports maven now. It could have support for cabal as well.
New Package Process
- Please use cabal-rpm (which replaced cabal2spec) to generate packages for submitting a package review request.
- It should follow the current Haskell Packaging Guidelines.
- You can use
cabal-rpm diffwhen reviewing packages to check differences from the templates.
- Please include haskell-sig in the InitialCC field of Package_SCM_admin_requests.
- New packages (not starting with
ghc-*) need to be added to Upstream_release_monitoring. (Note that packages in haskell-platform are intentionally not listed to avoid accidental breakage.)
We track package review requests that are CC firstname.lastname@example.org:
Open haskell-devel package reviews which are split into
- New unassigned reviews (bit.ly/fedora-haskell-new-reviews2)
- Ongoing assigned reviews
- NotReady stalled reviews
- Old Haskell-pkg-reviews dependency tree is no longer used
- "ghc" or "haskell" reviews not CC haskell-sig
- Closed haskell-devel package reviews
Non-review bugs can be split into:
(We use Upstream_Release_Monitoring to alert and track upstream package updates.)
- All open URM bugs (saved as haskell-available)
- Package bugs
- Tracker for libraries with no revdeps
- ghc bugs not CC haskell-sig
See also the package review links in the Packaging section.
Current packages in Fedora
See package interdependencies for dependency graphs.
Info on singleton libraries.
Active SIG Members
- Aidan Delaney
- Gautam Akiwate
- Payas Awadhutkar
- 2013-12-17: Fedora 20 ships with ghc-7.6.3 and packages following the revised Packaging Guidelines
- 2013-07-02: Fedora 19 ships with ghc-7.4.2
- 2013-01-15: Fedora 18 ships with ghc-7.4.1
- 2012-05-29: Fedora 17 ships with Haskell Platform 2011.4.0.0
- 2012-02-14: new haskell mailing-list for discussion
- 2011-11-08: Fedora 16 ships with ghc-7.0.4 and all prof subpackages merged into devel
- 2011-06-01: Fedora 15 ships with ghc-7.0.2
- 2010-12-05: Fedora packages now listed on http://hackage.haskell.org
- 2010-11-02: Fedora 14 ships: all doc subpackages merged into devel
- 2010-05-25: Fedora 13 ships with ghc-6.12.1 and shared ghc libraries
- 2010-01-10: fedora-haskell-list becomes haskell-devel list at fedoraproject
- 2009-09-29: haskell-platform added for f12
- 2009-04-15: revised Packaging Guidelines accepted
- 2008-09-17: initial Packaging Guidelines approved
- 2008-02-13: fedora-haskell-list started
- 2007-05-10: Fedora SIG formed
- 2005-02-21: email@example.com mailing-list starts
- 2004-08-03: original Fedora Haskell project starts