Fedora Education Spin
Here we're going to track the progress and decisions made concerning this spin, which is intended for educational purposes.
Please don't hesitate to come up with new ideas or suggestions on our fedora-education-list mailing list.
For Fedora 10, our first official release was targeted towards mainly mathematical purposes. You can see it's feature page here.
The kickstart file for the Fedora Education Math Spin for Fedora 10 is located in the spin-kickstarts GIT repository.
The Education Math Spin has been released for F10 and is availabe at the spin tracker.
Fedora 11 and onwards
The spin's official page is located here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Education_Spin
Fedora 11 is coming up and we've been working on a new concept for a spin! There'll be some major changes in comparison with what has been worked out for F10. Here's a list with notes regard to the spin.
- In a meeting, we decided to the XFCE desktop environment. For further information, please see below.
- The target audience of the spin will be extended: We're going to focus on more than just "mathematics"!
- We're going to provide a useful number of applications, without trying to include all available stuff! Sorry, but therefore, the spin won't contain seven geometry programs.
- We might include the Sugar Desktop Environment as an alternative on the spin.
The updated kickstart file has been pushed into the spin-kickstarts GIT repo and will be used for composing the images! It's available here:
Released versions of this spin will appear here: http://spins.fedoraproject.org/
Here's a list of applications which will be on the spin (this information may be subject to change). Please feel free to add your suggestions together with a comment. The table contains applications related to education, as well as some important desktop stuff.
The spin uses both XFCE & Sugar as its desktop environments!
|audio & video|
- How about additional educational software?
- Which programming languages do we want to add?
Please feel free to add any comments here!