Architectures/ARM/Meetings/FUDCon Lawrence 2013
Members of the Fedora ARM project are attending the 2013 FUDCon event in Lawrence, Kansas (Kansas University). We have sessions on Saturday and Sunday, with some informal events besides. Please see below for further details.
We're meeting in room 2112 in Learned Hall.
The following people can help you find the ARM team in Kansas, or help with ARM-related concerns:
- Jon Masters (IRC: jonmasters, cell: +1-617-759-1337).
- Brendan Conoboy (IRC: bconoboy, cell: +1-714-326-9657).
- Chris Tyler (IRC: ctyler, cell: Canadian roaming, are you kidding?)
The following is the schedule as we agreed to on Saturday morning:
- F18 Final discussion
- Still working on Highbank support, problems with Secure Mode access
- Going to ship with 3.6 kernel
- Going to ship 3.7 kernel as a zero-day update, but that will likely break Highbank support (for a few days?)
- Going to fix 3.7 Highbank support as an update ASAP
- config settings
- Problem packages
- Eclipse -- takes a long time to build -- but a scratch build supposedly works, so it may be fixed [#863801]
- ghc -- appears to be a problem with ghc-devel -- still needing more information on what's broken
- js -- bad configure lines? (armv7 settings still showing up on the v5 build?)
- graphical updates (yumex? PackageKit?)
- Blocker bug tracker bugs have been created [Trackers]
- Linaro LEG update
- Jon Masters has been working with Linaro for over a year
- Have wanted a enterprise server oriented working group within Linaro
- This is LEG
- Engineer assignees working within LEG to solve problems and push things upstream, work on standardization
- There is a roadmap on linaro.org + minutes from the LEG meetings
- Al Stone from Red Hat working on ACPI support
- Fu Wei from Red Hat working on getting the Linaro test system up and running on Fedora
- ARM is also working other standards, etc.
- Jon to write a message to the mailing list with more details on LEG, engineer assignees from the various companies, etc.
- Linaro are working with us -- not against us. Let's work together and bridge the two communities. They're not going to do any mass rebuild of Fedora -- they'll probably have spins and/or perhaps a remix for testing.
- Hopefully we can get more Fedora folks at Linaro Connect conferences
- PHX2 move
- PA planning
- v5/v6/v7 support
- v8 plans
- Smoothing th4e on-ramp process + growing contributor base
Saturday PM + Sunday
- Board support hackfest
- ARM assembler, etc.
- Fix GDB (Jon Masters to file a bug)
NOTE: Dinner is at Tellers at 8pm. We are heading out from the conference hotel (ride sharing) at 7:30pm (please contact Jon Masters by text on 617-759-1337 if you need picking up from somewhere else). If you have not RSVPed please contact Jon to let him know you are planning to attend.
- ARM to Primary (Brendan Conoboy, ARM team)
- ARM Building Exercises (Mark Langsdorf)
- Jared Smith brought an OpenBlocks AX3 ARM server (based on the Armada XP processor) that is currently running Debian, and he'd like some help getting Fedora on it -- both to show the OpenBlocks folks how we got it working, as well as to help Jared learn more about getting Fedora running on a new piece of ARM hardware.