!THIS IS A DRAFT!
Update the Deepin Desktop Environment to 15.11 in Fedora.
- Name: Zamir SUN - main coordinator, packager
- Email: zsun#AT#fedoraproject.org
- Robin 'cheese' Lee - main packager
- Email: cheeselee#AT#fedoraproject.org
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 31
- Last updated: 2019-07-23
- Tracker bug:
- Release notes tracker
There are a bunch of bugfixes and major translation updates in Deepin Desktop 15.11. See this for full list (in Chinese).
The Deepin Desktop follows a rolling update way, so we are targeting at 15.11 at the moment, and will possible pull in other fixes if needed.
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora stays in sync with upstream and gets the latest features and bug fixes.
- Proposal owners: Deepin Desktop 15.11 packages packaged and built in Fedora 31.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: #? (a check of an impact with Release Engineering is needed)
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
No impact should happen to current users except the bugfixes.
How To Test
You can install the Deepin Desktop Environment in Fedora like below.
If you don't have other desktop installed before,
sudo dnf install xorg-x11-server-Xorg. Otherwise, just do the following
sudo dnf update sudo dnf install deepin-desktop sudo dnf install deepin-calendar deepin-calculator deepin-editor deepin-image-viewer deepin-picker deepin-screenshot deepin-system-monitor
And try your normal tasks on any desktop environment.
In the interim, if you prefer to experience without installing, you can try the unofficial LiveCD we built. The are available in the following folder
Please note, for the ISO version of 20190116, we disabled SELinux in the Live ISO to workaround a known bug by the time of generating.
Deepin Desktop Environment focuses on being elegant and easy to use.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism: Not announce the availability of Deepin Desktop in Fedora.
- Contingency deadline: Beta Freeze
- Blocks release? No.
- Blocks product? None.