Update the Deepin Desktop Environment to 15.11 in Fedora.
- Name: Zamir SUN - main coordinator, packager
- Email: zsun#AT#fedoraproject.org
- Robin 'cheese' Lee - main packager
- Email: cheeselee#AT#fedoraproject.org
- Release notes owner:
- Targeted release: Fedora 31
- Last updated: 2019-08-12
- Tracker bug: #1739974
- Release notes tracker: #372
Update Deepin Desktop in Fedora to the newest upstream, which is 15.11.
Deepin Desktop in Fedora 30 is based on 15.9 and the changelog for 15.10 and 15.11 are
Benefit to Fedora
Fedora stays in sync with upstream and gets the latest features and bug fixes.
- Proposal owners: Deepin Desktop 15.11 packages packaged and built in Fedora 31.
- Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Release engineering: #8551 (a check of an impact with Release Engineering is needed)
- List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
No impact should happen to current users except the bugfixes.
How To Test
Install or update your Deepin Desktop on Fedora, make sure that the desktop and all apps are usable.
There are some improvements.
- The default window manager will be changed to deepin-kwin (known as dde-kwin in Deepin), which consumes less memory and has better performance
- The deepin-file-manager will support burn ISO to disks.
- The dock - will show the capacity and the remaining time of battery.
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- Contingency mechanism: Not announce the availability of Deepin Desktop 15.11 in Fedora.
- Contingency deadline: Beta Freeze
- Blocks release? No.
- Blocks product? None.