The following elections will take place in in November 2010:
- FAmSCo (Ambassadors) (all 7 seats)
- Fedora Project Board (2 seats)
- FESCo (Engineering) (4 seats)
- Fedora 15 Name (separate schedule from the committee elections)
All Dates/Times noted are UTC.
Committee Elections Schedule
- October 23-31 Collect Questions for Questionnaire
- October 23- November 7th Nominations Open
- November 1 Publish Questionnaire
- November 1-10 Organize/Schedule Town Halls
- November 2-8 Candidates Respond to Questionnaires
- November 10 Publish Questionnaire Responses
- November 13-19 Town Halls
- November 20-28 Voting Period
Nominations for Elected Positions
You may self-nominate. If you wish to nominate someone else, please consult with that person ahead of time. Wiki nomination pages carry additional details about the nominee which the nominee is expected to write.
We are collecting a list of questions, which will be given to each candidate to answer before the IRC Town Halls. Please see the F15 elections questionnaire and add your own. Note: not all questions will be posed to the candidates. Questions may be edited. Candidates may choose to answer (or not) as they see fit. Questions will be collected from October 23 to October 31. Candidates will have from November 2nd to November 8th to return their responses which will be published no later than November 10.
Coordinator -- (currently looking for volunteers! Respond on the advisory-board mailing list if you'd like to help out!)
IRC Town Halls
Each group participating in the election will host two Town Hall forums on IRC. Each will last one hour, or less if there are no further questions.
How to Join
- Everyone should join #fedora-townhall on FreeNode (irc.freenode.net). Only candidates and a moderator may speak in this channel.
- Non-candidates should also join #fedora-townhall-public on FreeNode (irc.freenode.net). Direct your questions for the candidates to the moderator.
Fedora Project Board
|Date & Time||Group||Moderator||IRC Logs|
|Friday, 2010-11-19 15:00 UTC||Fedora Project Board||TBA|
Fedora Town Hall at ____ UTC (_____am/pm US-Eastern) with the ______ candidates. Visit https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections#IRC_Town_Halls for information on how to participate and pose questions to the candidates.
The Fedora Elections Guide has information on the voting method used in the Fedora elections and detailed instructions on how to cast your vote.
If you are familiar with the voting process, you may go straight to the voting site to cast your votes.