The following elections will take place in July 2015:
- FESCo (Engineering) (4 seats)
Fedora Council (1 seat)Elections finished as "number of candidates = number of seats"
- Env and Stacks (5 seats)
All dates and times noted are UTC time.
Committee Elections Schedule
- June 8-14: Nomination period open (closes promptly at 23:59 UTC on June 14th)
- June 15-21: "Campaign" period. Individual blog posts, etc. encouraged. Will also have an email interview with all answers published simultaneously on the 22nd.
- June 22-28: Voting open (closes promptly at 23:59 UTC on June 28th)
- June 29: Results announcement
Nominations for Elected Positions
You may self-nominate. If you wish to nominate someone else, please consult with that person ahead of time. Wiki nomination pages carry additional details about the nominee which the nominee is expected to write.
We are collecting a list of questions, which will be given to each candidate to answer before voting period begins as part of campaign in Fedora Magazine. Please see the June 2015 Elections Questionnaire and add your own. Note: not all questions will be posed to the candidates. Questions may be edited. Candidates may choose to answer (or not) as they see fit.
IRC Town Halls
No Town Halls are being held this time. Instead we're running campaign and part of it are Fedora Magazine interviews. It's hard to schedule Town Halls (different schedules, timezones etc.) and it prolongs elections itself.
Election Coordinators: jkurik
The Fedora Elections Guide has information on the voting method used in the Fedora elections and detailed instructions on how to cast your vote.
If you are familiar with the voting process, you may go straight to the voting site to cast your votes.
Voting eligibility is determined by a community member's Fedora Account System (FAS) memberships.
To vote for the Council you must have cla_done in FAS.
To vote for FESCo you must have cla_done + one other "non-cla" group in FAS.
To vote for FAmSCo you must have cla_done + one other "non-cla" group in FAS.
Env and Stacks
To vote for Environment and Stacks Working Group you must have cla_done + one other "non-cla" group in FAS.
Post Election Tasks
- Update the Council wiki page.
- Adjust the FESCo mailing list subscriptions.
- Update rights on the FESCo trac instance.
- Update the FESCo wiki page.
- Update the FESCo history page.
- Award new members the fesco badge.
Env and Stacks
- Update the Env and Stacks wiki page.
- Adjust the FAmSCo mailing list subscriptions.
- Update rights on the FAmSCo trac instance.
- Update the FAmSCo wiki page.
- Update the FAmSCo history page.