The following elections will take place in January 2015:
All dates and times noted are UTC time.
- 1 Committee Elections Schedule
- 2 Nominations for Elected Positions
- 3 Candidate Interviews
- 4 IRC Town Halls
- 5 Voting Information
- 6 Post Election Tasks
- 7 Historical
Committee Elections Schedule
- January 13-19: Nomination period open
- January 20-26: "Campaign" period. Individual blog posts, etc. encouraged. Will also have an email interview with all answers published simultaneously on the 26th.
- January 27-February 03: Voting open (closes promptly at 00:00 UTC on February 04th)
- February 04: Results announcement
Nominations for Elected Positions
You may self-nominate. If you wish to nominate someone else, please consult with that person ahead of time. Wiki nomination pages carry additional details about the nominee which the nominee is expected to write.
We are collecting a list of questions, which will be given to each candidate to answer before voting period begins as part of campaign in Fedora Magazine. Please see the January 2015 Elections Questionnaire and add your own. Note: not all questions will be posed to the candidates. Questions may be edited. Candidates may choose to answer (or not) as they see fit.
IRC Town Halls
No Town Halls are being held this time. Instead we're running campaign and part of it are Fedora Magazine interviews. It's hard to schedule Town Halls (different schedules, timezones etc.) and it prolongs elections itself.
The Fedora Elections Guide has information on the voting method used in the Fedora elections and detailed instructions on how to cast your vote.
If you are familiar with the voting process, you may go straight to the voting site to cast your votes.
Voting eligibility is determined by a community member's Fedora Account System (FAS) memberships.
To vote for the Council you must have cla_done in FAS.
To vote for FESCo you must have cla_done + one other "non-cla" group in FAS.
To vote for FAmSCo you must have cla_done + one other "non-cla" group in FAS.
Post Election Tasks
- Adjust the FESCo mailing list subscriptions.
- Update rights on the FESCo trac instance.
- Update the FESCo wiki page.
- Update the FESCo history page.
- Award new members the fesco badge.
- Adjust the FAmSCo mailing list subscriptions.
- Update rights on the FAmSCo trac instance.
- Update the FAmSCo wiki page.
- Update the FAmSCo history page.